Saturday, May 1, 2010

Half Way Done!

We are halfway done with our term in Prague, and wow...we have done a lot. Heather and I have now been in Europe for a little over 6 weeks and it has felt like a whirlwind. We have finished up all of our class obligations yesterday, and are entering the independent study portion of our trip that will give us a lot more free time.

Its Saturday morning and Heather and I are putting our finishing touches on our final papers due today. We had to link a common theme from five of our excursions we went on and show how they have been impacted by the transformational period in the Czech Republic post-communism. I wrote mine on the changing economic market structure and Heather wrote hers on how the privatization and availability of capital has contributed to construction in the Czech Republic. How interesting!

But it is time to go because I must pack for Istanbul! I'm so excited for our mini vacation and I never imagined myself ever going to Turkey in my life. Its supposed to be beautiful, warm weather but we have to make sure to pack appropriate clothes to wear into the mosques. Our plans already include a reservation at a Turkish bath, a reservation at world-renowned restaurant that LJ's dad has a connection at, and general wandering around the Grand Bazaar. So excited! Heather found a tickets for dervish performance that we might check out. Hopefully we will also be able to take a cruise on the Bosporus. And MAYBE Heather will make it to Asia- that is currently all she talks about.

We get home from our Istanbul trip on Wednesday, and will be in Prague for two days to study and take a final exam- I can't wait. Then we are going to Berlin for the following weekend! Our adventures just never stop.

We will keep you up to date with everything going on in Istanbul, so keep in touch! Have a great weekend! Miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment